by Andrew Leggett / Sr. Application Consultant
CM WebClient, CM WebClient Mobile and CM WebClient HSync all allow you to customize the style, appearance and behavior of your web applications. But what if you want a little more? What else can you do? The following sites provide free tools that run within the browser to help you make your applications stand out.
2. Sencha Fiddle (https://fiddle.sencha.com/) is similar to JSFiddle, but is designed for the Sencha Touch framework used by CM WebClient Mobile and CM WebClient HSync. Run and test your code instantly.
3. Free Icon Maker (https://freeiconmaker.com/ – requires Adobe Flash) provides a large collection of scalable icons, plus tools to customize their appearance. Treat your users to a modern, consistent makeover.
4. CSS3 Generator (http://css3generator.com/) allows you to try out different styles without having to learn CSS. Simply paste the results into your CSS file to add some style.
5. Paletton (http://paletton.com/) – Some color combinations simply look better than others. This tool can help you pick colors for your application that are easy on the eye.
6. Chrome Developer Tools (http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/faster-htmlcss-workflow-with-chrome-developer-tools–webdesign-8314) this tutorial explains how you can use the Chrome F12 Developer tools to prototype in real-time how the visual designs you created with the above tools will make your CM WebClient application look.
Be a web application wizard without having to beg management for more software and without having to learn new languages.