CM First has begun adopting the principle of ‘continuous update’ for strategic products like CM WebClient. At one time, major, yearly updates were the norm for software. This model no longer works when change happens so rapidly. Developers need access to the latest capabilities to help their companies compete.
As such, you will begin to see the following enhancements for CM WebClient during 1Q16:
- Available now – support for the Microsoft Edge Browser. Most features are supported in the current release, but this marks official support for all elements.
- CM WebClient will offer new, modern ‘flat’ themes for browser applications. Flat themes simplify an interface by removing elements that made a page look 3D. The trend towards simplification and elegance is a hot trend now.
- Additional CA2E/Synon screen migration support. CM WebClient will include templates to automatically migrate 2E screens to responsive UX designs
- Support for Google Docs. Applications will be able to open and view documents which are compatible with Google Docs hosting
- Layout control enhancements to allow you to automatically scale more of your controls to the browser size, thus accommodating the larger, more commonly-used HD screens
- Allows you to use additional panel properties to render buttons with custom designs
- Show images in grids automatically, as you wish
- Mobile camera enhancements to include a ‘progress’ bar for image upload and more
- Numerous additional bug fixes and minor enhancements.
If you are an active CM WebClient, you will want to take advantage of these capabilities as soon as they are available. Take the next step in your mobile design efforts.
Did you like this article about “COMING THIS QUARTER-CM WEBCLIENT 1.8.5” – email us future blog topics to firstname.lastname@example.org